Sisters by Heart

These 2 girls together have been one of my greatest joys ever to watch as their relationship grows.  I cannot even fathom what it will be like years from now.  

I hope they are close.  Gosh, I pray they are. 

Their relationship was one of the things that actually kept me awake at night, even before Willow came home.  I felt like with Libby being too young to fully understand how her world was going to change and being the only princess, that "you know what" was about to hit the fan.  I think you understand.  It was thoughts of "how will this work out" prior to Willow coming home that allowed some fear and doubt to seep into my brain.  

Then after Willow came home, we all loved her and she was an angel so to speak.  Literally she was a dream and still is.  But Libby was not feeling it.  At ALL.  It was hard.  And then all my worries and doubts prior became real regarding their acceptance of one another.  Even though I anticipated it all, it was still difficult to navigate a brand new relationship with Willow, keeping a close bond with Libby and basically making sure they were not hurting each other....ALL DAY LONG.  

But FRIENDS, it changed kind of gradually but kind of suddenly too.  It's been just over 5 months since Willow joined our family and I would easily say Libby and Willow are now 2 peas in a pod. They are almost always by each others side.  Libby definitely mothers Willow.  She refers to her as a baby all the time which she means in an endearing way.  I hear her often,  that's my baby sister with a protective tone as she wraps her arm around Willow's shoulder.  She even told someone the other day, "This is my baby sister, we bought her in China."  I couldn't help but laugh.  I mean, she is only 2 about to be 3 but in her world she is never going to remember her life without Willow. Willow will have always been her sister regardless if they were born on other sides of the world.  Regardless of the their skin color.  They are sisters born from the heart and were meant to be sisters this whole time. 

God knew. None of this is a surprise to him.  He deserves the Glory in all of this! He is the master planner in every single detail.  I'm just so thankful to him every single day that we didn't let our fears get in the way of his Will for our lives.

This is just a regular day that I took some candid photos of the girls playing in the backyard.  I'll just let these photos speak for themselves.  You can see the love, their personalities, and their imperfect but yet perfect sisterly friendship they have found in each other. 





































Thank you again for all the sweet comments, support and words of encouragement.  XOXO.



Comments

  1. Those pictures are simply beautiful. Every one deserves a frame. The way they look at each other says so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I definitely plan to do something with a few!

      Delete
  2. This is precious! What a gift they are to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a perfect testimony of God's love and grace when we exercise true faith in him! The photos are purely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Brooke!! These pictures are just so precious!!! What a beautiful relationship they have!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love the regular ol' "day in the life" pics.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, friend!! This makes me tear up!! Those two are so adorable and I know I use the word joy to describe Willow a lot but they are both just radiating it!! And Libby telling people y'all bought Willow in China has me laughing so hard!! Love this!!

    That Inspired Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was hilarious how serious she was when she said it too. I laughed so hard.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts